Artwork for use in decorating must be submitted in the following formats:
- a vector based .pdf
- .ai (an Adobe Illustrator file)
- Bitmap images that have had the file type changed to one of the above will not be accepted.
- Failure to provide ready for artwork artwork ready for use will cause delays in the production process and will incur an art fee of $40.00 per hour (minimum 1/2 hour). All artwork for engraving services must be submitted in true black and white (no grey-scale) or it will be subject to the above art fee. Midwest Graphics and Awards will keep artwork on file for up to two years for reuse.
- All text must be outlined or you must provide a digital copy of the font file. If the text isn’t outlined or the font file isn’t provided, an art fee will apply of $40.00 per hour (minimum one hour) to outline the text.
- Midwest Graphics and Awards will accept other types of art files including high resolution JPEG, PNG, or other image files. They will automatically be subject to an art fee of $40.00 per hour (minimum 1/2 hour) to convert into print ready artwork. We understand that you may only have your images in these formats. We are willing to work with you to develop your design, just it is very time consuming.
- Submitting artwork in a format other than what is listed will cause delays in production. If you do not have your artwork available in one of the above formats, the art department may be able to convert the artwork into an acceptable format for the standard art fee of $40.00 per hour (minimum one hour). This service is subject to availability and acceptance.
- For any questions regarding artwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The timeline for receiving answers about artwork is two business days.
All the same file submission guidelines above still apply, but there are additional requirements.
- Artwork being used for the first time is subject to a $35.00 digitizing fee for the first 14,000 stitches and a prorated $1.50 per 1,000 stitches thereafter.
- The digitized logo will be kept on file for up to two years after for use on any additional embroidery work. As long as there are no edits to the artwork, the digitizing fee will never be charged again.
- The digitizing fee can be waived for large quantity orders. Please request yours to be waived if you think you qualify.
- The .dst file (the digitized conversion) can be purchased from Midwest Graphics and Awards for $50.00.
Use of Logos:
- By placing an order with Midwest Graphics and Awards, the purchaser represents the authority to purchase and distribute merchandise with the names, logos, trademarks and copyrights provided with your order and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Midwest Graphics and Awards against all claims, liabilities and expenses arising out of or relating to an actual or alleged infringement of any trademark, copyright, service mark, etc.
- Midwest Graphics and Awards has a relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company and can license merchandise for an additional fee(s). All products featuring University logos will have to approved by the applicable licensing agency which will add to production time and potentially add additional fees.
- An email/digital proof will be provided for all standard service orders before production begins. A confirmation of the proof will be required before production begins. Any delay in responding to the proof will result in a delay of production, which could alter in hands dates.
- Midwest Graphics and Awards will not be held responsible for any errors caused after a proof is accepted as long as the end product matches what was provided. This includes spelling, grammar, and color matching.
- Midwest Graphics and Awards will provide two pre-production proofs free of charge. Each proof after two will be subject to a fee of $10.00 each.
- Midwest Graphics and Awards provides one free embroidery sew-out (logo embroidered on scrap fabric). Each additional sew-out costs $5.00.